Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fulfill

I wasn't going to post this here as I had already put it on my Facebook. But I found a glitch on the video I uploaded to Facebook and it was making me crazy knowing it was there (a little blip of text I thought I'd deleted). So I decided to put the corrected version here.

Melody, the kids, and I had a wonderful weekend with the Brownes in Snead's Ferry. We enjoyed meals and fellowship together, we got to know each other's children, we went to the beach and a park together with our kids, we watched a good movie... It was a wonderful weekend, just what Melody and I needed.

David and I had four full rehearsals (playing through 7 songs). Three of the rehearsals included his son Alex on the drums. I kept remembering Alex as a toddler back behind David's drums at Living Water, banging on the snare drum with a huge grin on his face. Now he's a teenager, playing in the band as I led worship. Wow... (sigh). God is good.

Well, after four rehearsals in which I was singing over multiple instruments without an adequate monitor system, then doing their early service, my voice was nearly shot by the 10:45 service. We got through it, but I didn't have anything left and was hoarse for three days.

This was my first time "leading " worship in 6 years, though I've played guitar and sung in churches we've attended throughout that time. It felt good to be back at it.

I will be leading worship again October 19th at Ben and Heather's church in Kernersville. I think Melody might be singing with me there (if we can work it out with her agent).

Ya'll come.

No comments: