Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Friday, December 19, 2008

Audio Memory #2 (Malachi Christmas Concert - 1980)

Only a handful of my friends and family will find this interesting. I have just rescued audio from a worn out old cassette tape. It is of a Christmas concert some friends of mine and I did back in 1980. My buddies and I had formed a Christian band that we called "Malachi". Earlier in 1980 we did several concerts of original and cover tunes - we loved writing our own songs. But at the time of this Christmas concert we had lost our drummer. Fortunately, we found a great flute player. All of the songs we did were our originals (except for a few carols).

This morning I was listening to the cassette tape and it broke. My tape player ate a good portion of the tape and I carefully pulled the broken portion back out of the player. Tonight I repaired the tape while Melody and I watched a movie. The tape was in such poor condition that it was transparent in places where the magnetic stuff had rubbed off. So the quality here is a little rough. Then again, maybe our guitars were a little out of tune then too.

This concert, that band, those friends, that night... sweet memories for which I'm still thankful. And I'm glad I managed to get this transferred to MP3.

Now I just need to e-mail my old bandmates so they can hear and remember what we were doing 28 years ago.

Wow...

No comments: