Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The End


This morning at work I heard for the first time that the ancient Mayan's super accurate calendar predicts the end of time as occuring on December 21, 2012 (12/21/12). Later I jumped on the internet and saw that there are gazillions of pages, videos, blogs and more devoted to this theory. I won't repeat it, it's going to be beaten to death over the next four years anyway.

But here's what I've thought about this today:

First, I thought, "How sweet... that's our 27th wedding anniversary".

Second, I thought, "great, no need to buy Christmas presents that year".

Third, I thought, "If they're calendar is so great, why are we using the Gregorian Calendar?"

Fourth, I thought, "Calendar sounds a lot like collender. Isn't that what you strain water out of spaghetti noodles with? I wonder when we're going to have spaghetti again. I'm hungry. Do I have change for the snack machine?"

Fifth, I thought, "I wonder if you can get the ancient Mayan calendar with pictures of puppies and kittens. My little girl would like that."

Sixth, I thought, "That coincides with the end of Obama's first term. Does that count as change we can believe in?"

Seventh, I thought, "If that day and hour is known only to the Father, that not even the Son knows when it will be... then who told the ancient Mayans?"

Be sure to check back for my December 22, 2012 blog post to see what happens. If I'm able to write one, that is.

I might be out frantically buying Christmas presents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had watched a program about it a couple years ago on Discovery or something similar. how i understood the discussion that was occuring on the program is that the end of the mayan calendar coincides with when a central alignment of the universe is apparently going to occur and there is a change of polarity anticipated...which would have a drastic effect on our lives as we know it. what i'd like to see is if 'they' have gone 'back' to when the last of these 'alignments' would have occured...would this end the 'what happened to the dinosaurs' debate?

i'm with you on the 'we know not the day or hour,' my musing is that this is just another step in that direction.

Jan said...

I like seeing your train of thought... Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

LOL! That was a great way to wake up. I wish my thought processes were as funny as yours.