Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Prayer Walks


One of my favorite things is to go on a long hike down a well worn trail deep in the woods, praying all the way. I also like prayer-walking down the beach, down sidewalks and streets, on greenways... I'm a huge fan of prayer walks. I've been taking them since I was in my late teens. Every important event in my life - my marriage, musical accomplishments, making it through graduate school, our miracle children - they've all flowed out of many miles of prayer walks.

Now when I say many miles, I'm not kidding. I kept track of the miles of prayer walks over the five years we prayed for our son to be born. It was somewhere around 700 miles!

Recent busyness in life has kept me off the prayer walk trails for most of the last three years. But lately I've been out prayer-walking again. Raven Rock Park near Lillington has lots of great trails down to a beautiful river. Kiwanis Park in Sanford is o.k. in a pinch as there is one trail that is fairly private (see the photo above taken with my phone). And I re-visited San-Lee Park in Sanford the other day: nice short trails there that Melody and I used to walk when we were dating.

I'm grateful that the Lord has walked with me and talked with me down many, many trails and paths and streets and sidewalks and beaches through these years.

I hope I can get back to doing it much more frequently.

No comments: