Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Sunday, January 27, 2008

SECOND CHAPTER OF ACTS

Though I was raised to know God (my dad is a Presbyterian minister), I date the beginning of my close walk with the Lord to when I was 16 and I went to Raleigh with a carload of friends to see The Second Chapter Of Acts perform. What a concert! Anointed songs and singing and pure worship... I gave myself completely to the Lord that night. I found this online tonight and thought I'd share it. It's from a sort of Gaither-type reunion of early Jesus music artists.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I have always loved them, too. I remember they had these Hymns albums, and when Matthew Ward sang "How Great Thou Art" I was blown away!

Have you ever heard Honeytree? I have a funny story about her, but I'm not going to share unless you have heard of her. She was one of the pioneers in Christian music along with Second Chapter.

Chip said...

Hey Jan! Yes, I know of Honeytree. She did "Heaven's Gonna Be A Blast". I had one of her albums waaaaay back.

Ann said...

Jan and Chip mentioned Honeytree - Heaven's Gonna Be a Blast! That is probably my favorite song. I sing it all the time, but I don't have the music to it. Does anyone here have the music (chords) to it OR a soundtrack. I lost my tape with this great lady's best song!! Thanks.
Ann