Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorable Dreams #2 (I Had A Dream)


The Frito Bandito was a one time only dream, but there was another dream that plagued me for years as a child. It gets laughs now when I tell people about it, but as a child it scared me to death.

Martin Luther King Jr. used to chase me around in my house with his mouth unnaturally wide open.

Now I was five and a half years old when King was assasinated and I guess I probably saw him on the news a lot then. I don't remember when the dreams began, but they were really scary.

In the dream I would be sitting in my room reading or something and I'd see a shadow out in the hallway. I'd look up and Martin Luther King, Jr. would slowly walk into my room with his mouth ten times too wide open. You could have put a bowling ball in that mouth!

I would run away from him, but no matter where I hid, he would find me. I couldn't scream for help. I'd try and nothing would come out. And he just kept coming after me with that huge open mouth.

That was the worst recurrent nightmare of my childhood. I hope recounting it doesn't trigger me dreaming it again tonight.

Maybe Melody will let us sleep with the lights on just in case.

No comments: