Find me on...

Chip Watts's Facebook profile

Sunday, August 8, 2010

House Church: Skip the sermon, worship at home


I was pleasantly surprised this morning to find an article in our local paper on the House Church movement. (Click on the title of today's blog post to be taken to the article).

Here is a copy of a letter, a sort of thank you note for printing the article, that I sent to our local editor tonight:

Thank you for including the article "House Church" in Sunday's Herald. I have several good friends who have chosen to fellowship in a setting much like what was described in this article, and they have been doing so for years. My wife and I always enjoy visiting their informal gatherings whenever we are able. House church (also called simple church or organic church) would certainly not appeal to those who prefer the traditional Sunday morning church experience. But it is a wonderful and refreshing alternative that many are embracing.

No comments: